Monday, October 26, 2009

Fashion and Society Assignment #4

When I think of the stake style I think of skateboarders and when I think skateboarders I think of the kids that eat, sleep and breathe skateboards. They carry them around wherever they go and spend most if not all of their free time trying new tricks and improving their speed. I knew that if I wanted to pass as a skater I needed to have a board. Luckily I found an apartment that let me borrow a board and helped me embrace skater style.

My outfit consisted of converse shoes, a band tee shirt over a thermal, a baseball cap with a popular skateboard company on it, skinny jeans, Roxy sweatshirt, a skate backpack complete with an awesome skate board. I wore heavy eyeliner and eye make up, while keeping the rest of my face subdued. The main reactions I got were, “Nice outfit” “ Hey do you skate?” or “Will you teach me how to skate?”. I pretended to be an actual skater and I told them that skating was just something I was picking up but I could try and show them something. People thought I was really cool and thought it was awesome that I skated.

4 comments:

Becky's Place said...

You'll have to learn to skate!!

Tyann said...

I love the red on you! Sounds like this was a fun one! :) By the way, when I read your last post with Becca, I thought, "It's a good thing that place isn't called 'Big Juggs'." Sorry, I know that's inappropriate, but we thought it was funny.

Nicole said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!! That is super funny:) I hadn't thought of that. And Mom, I don't think I'm coordinated enough to skateboard.

Unknown said...

You look very authentic!