I was very uncomfortable in this outfit and was very nervous about the reactions I would get. I attended four classes in this ensemble; Social Theory, Spanish 201, Humanities 201 and Geology 101. People were taken a back by what I was wearing and I had a couple people ask me what I was wearing. I met up with an old professor today and he gave my outfit a good disapproving glance, I then had to explain why I was dressed that way. But other than that I didn’t have HUGE reactions like I did during the hip-hop experiment. Dressing this way didn’t really change my relations with other people, other than anticipating the looks they would give and their facial expressions.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Fashion and Society Assignment #3
To be honest, at the beginning of the semester I had NO idea what grunge fashion was. But now I understand the style and what it stands for and my inspiration for my grunge outfit was Kurt Cobain. I didn’t wash my hair and purposely made it look dirty, minimal make up, old faded jeans, an old t-shirt that I got from a second hand store, a flannel shirt that I tied around my waist, I wore cheap looking jewelry that didn’t match, the sock I wore because it reminded me of heavy boots that are very popular with that style.

I was very uncomfortable in this outfit and was very nervous about the reactions I would get. I attended four classes in this ensemble; Social Theory, Spanish 201, Humanities 201 and Geology 101. People were taken a back by what I was wearing and I had a couple people ask me what I was wearing. I met up with an old professor today and he gave my outfit a good disapproving glance, I then had to explain why I was dressed that way. But other than that I didn’t have HUGE reactions like I did during the hip-hop experiment. Dressing this way didn’t really change my relations with other people, other than anticipating the looks they would give and their facial expressions.
I was very uncomfortable in this outfit and was very nervous about the reactions I would get. I attended four classes in this ensemble; Social Theory, Spanish 201, Humanities 201 and Geology 101. People were taken a back by what I was wearing and I had a couple people ask me what I was wearing. I met up with an old professor today and he gave my outfit a good disapproving glance, I then had to explain why I was dressed that way. But other than that I didn’t have HUGE reactions like I did during the hip-hop experiment. Dressing this way didn’t really change my relations with other people, other than anticipating the looks they would give and their facial expressions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
I'm afraid you don't pull off grunge very well, my friend. :) Very interesting social experiment, though! I love these posts. It's like waiting for the next episode of The Office, or something. :)
I find myself looking forward to see what the next dress "experiment" will be. I would have been surprised by the grunge dress had I come across you. Probably disappointed also!
That is a great grunge outfit! Just not my favorite on you--ha ha! :)
Nicole, I need to check your blog more often. How fun, or not, to do these fashion assignments. I totally disapprove of the hip-hop one! ;) Grunge, not so good either. Your still a beautiful girl inside...
Love ya, and miss ya! :)
Thanks guys!! Let's just say that I won't be adopting the grunge style anytime soon! I did NOT like it at all. The next one will be in a couple of weeks. :)
wow you nailed circa 95, totally takes me back to freshman year!! HAHA!! I love it! your adorable no matter what you wear!
Thanks! 95 was what I was aiming for! I really love seeing everyone's reaction to my different assignments! I'm going to be super sad when it's all over with. :(
Post a Comment