I attended four classes in this ensemble; Social Theory, Spanish 201, Humanities 201 and Geology 101. I did notice a big difference in the way people interacted with me. A couple of my professors even asked me why I was dressed the way I was and I had a number of people do a double take as I walked by. People even ignored me or spoke over me when I talked, like my opinion didn’t matter or was useless. I felt like a misfit, I didn’t feel important and I felt EXTREMELY uncomfortable. In this style I felt a casual and almost lazy, it seemed like I harder time paying attention in my classes.
Monday, October 5, 2009
Fashion and Society Assignment #2
When I think of hip-hop I think of Jayz, Black Eyed Peas and Eminem. I think of urban areas where life is hard and cruel. Hip-hop is a very laid back and representative of a melting pot of different lifestyles. My outfit consisted of; loosely fitting low-rider jeans, a basketball jersey and a underarmour baseball cap.

I attended four classes in this ensemble; Social Theory, Spanish 201, Humanities 201 and Geology 101. I did notice a big difference in the way people interacted with me. A couple of my professors even asked me why I was dressed the way I was and I had a number of people do a double take as I walked by. People even ignored me or spoke over me when I talked, like my opinion didn’t matter or was useless. I felt like a misfit, I didn’t feel important and I felt EXTREMELY uncomfortable. In this style I felt a casual and almost lazy, it seemed like I harder time paying attention in my classes.
I attended four classes in this ensemble; Social Theory, Spanish 201, Humanities 201 and Geology 101. I did notice a big difference in the way people interacted with me. A couple of my professors even asked me why I was dressed the way I was and I had a number of people do a double take as I walked by. People even ignored me or spoke over me when I talked, like my opinion didn’t matter or was useless. I felt like a misfit, I didn’t feel important and I felt EXTREMELY uncomfortable. In this style I felt a casual and almost lazy, it seemed like I harder time paying attention in my classes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Haha, that is awesome. I also really liked your analysis of your experience! Also, Cobrastyle goes really well with that post. :)
I love hearing about this assignment you are doing. I think it's fascinating! You seem to be doing a great job with it. Keep updating us!
Thanks Guys!! It was a VERY unusual day!!
Post a Comment