I was shocked by the different reactions I got. My sociology professor said, “ I’m feeling the whole hippy vibe from you today.” Brother Davis, my humanities professor, noticed the headband I was wearing and told me I looked nice. As I was walking to one of my classes there was a couple of girls sitting in a car. I noticed one of the girls looking at me and started talking very animatedly to the other girl. I automatically assumed they were talking about my unusual dress; I started to feel very embarrassed. But other than that, I got a lot of positive compliments from people; I was totally shocked because I thought I looked mismatched and frumpy! I did like how unique I looked and I had a reason to wear a headband across my forehead. Something I have always longed to do, but was too scared to try it without a unique circumstance in which to wear it.
Monday, November 30, 2009
Fashion and Society Assignment #7 My Last one... :(
When I think of the Bohemian style I think very comfortable yet stylish and unique, I was very excited to see if I could pull of this getup. My Boho-Chic outfit consisted of Ugg boots, black leggings, a peasant dress, a modern oversized sweater, an eclectic charm bracelet, necklace and a headband that I wore across my forehead.

I was shocked by the different reactions I got. My sociology professor said, “ I’m feeling the whole hippy vibe from you today.” Brother Davis, my humanities professor, noticed the headband I was wearing and told me I looked nice. As I was walking to one of my classes there was a couple of girls sitting in a car. I noticed one of the girls looking at me and started talking very animatedly to the other girl. I automatically assumed they were talking about my unusual dress; I started to feel very embarrassed. But other than that, I got a lot of positive compliments from people; I was totally shocked because I thought I looked mismatched and frumpy! I did like how unique I looked and I had a reason to wear a headband across my forehead. Something I have always longed to do, but was too scared to try it without a unique circumstance in which to wear it.
I was shocked by the different reactions I got. My sociology professor said, “ I’m feeling the whole hippy vibe from you today.” Brother Davis, my humanities professor, noticed the headband I was wearing and told me I looked nice. As I was walking to one of my classes there was a couple of girls sitting in a car. I noticed one of the girls looking at me and started talking very animatedly to the other girl. I automatically assumed they were talking about my unusual dress; I started to feel very embarrassed. But other than that, I got a lot of positive compliments from people; I was totally shocked because I thought I looked mismatched and frumpy! I did like how unique I looked and I had a reason to wear a headband across my forehead. Something I have always longed to do, but was too scared to try it without a unique circumstance in which to wear it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
I'm sad that it's over also. It's been interesting to see what you wear and learn how people react, and then hear how you feel and respond.
Very 1964! Love it!
Oh, and I'm sure the girls in the car were talking about how freakin' hot you looked. :)
Thank you! I shall miss doing these assignments. Boho was REALLY interesting, playing Beatles Rock Band gave me a lot of inspiration.
You look great, pretty girl. You needed to smile bigger in the picture though. You look uncomfortable! :)
Post a Comment