Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pond Skimming!!!

How do I explain this so it makes sense...?
Basically people ride a snowboard or skis or sled even down a really steep slope and then they try and make it across pond (which is freezing!). I personally would never ever ever do it. But, it's really entertaining watching people fall into the freezing water. Some of the people dress up in funny costumes, SO FUN! For example I saw a guy wearing a chicken outfit, guys dressed up as lifeguards (there were a lot of them this year), a golfer, Mario and Luigi! I didn't stay very long because it was SO cold! Some maniac spectators of the sport sand in front of the pond and get REALLY WET! I think pond skimming should be put in the olympics... SO FUNNY!













3 comments:

Becca said...

The things Rexburgians do to entertain themselves . . . :)

Nicole said...

I know right.... the things they do here to stay off the streets.... SO ENTERTAINING!!!

Unknown said...

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!